Learn about Mason Crest Elementary!
Translate this page
- The purpose of Mason Crest is to ensure high levels of learning for all –students and adults.
- We, the staff of Mason Crest Elementary School, recognize that the fundamental purpose of our school is to ensure high levels of learning for all – students and adults. If through our collective effort, we are able to fulfill that purpose, our students will have the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential to pursuing their goals and dreams throughout their lives.
- We will establish indicators of progress and strategies for monitoring those indicators. To ensure a process for monitoring progress we will set clear schoolwide goals (aligned with the division’s goals) and every collaborative team will translate one or more goals into a goal for the team that is Strategic and specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-oriented and Time-bound (SMART).
FCPS School Profile
Mason Crest Staff Collective Commitments
In order to honor and advance our shared purpose, vision, and goals, we pledge to honor the following collective commitments. We will:
- Identify and teach the agreed-upon essential standards and, adhere to the curriculum pacing established by the team.
- Create clear learning outcomes and encourage students to strive for an understanding of what they can do with that knowledge.
- Foster innovation and risk-taking for all students and adults.
- Create common formative assessments and administer them according to the team’s agreed-upon timeline.
- Use the results from our common assessments to improve our individual and collective practice and to meet the extension and intervention needs of our students.
- Contribute to an effective system of intervention and extension while providing enrichment opportunities to all.
- Be positive contributing members of the schoolwide team as we work interdependently using common language to achieve shared goals and demonstrate mutual accountability.
- Engage in open frequent two-way communication among all stakeholders, provide families with ongoing information about their children, and offer specific ideas and materials to help families become full partners in the ongoing education of their children.
- Embrace shared responsibilities and help others grow in their leadership responsibilities.
- Contribute to a culture of celebration by acknowledging the efforts and achievements of our students and colleagues as we continually strive for even greater success.
- Support a schoolwide community that meets the developmentally appropriate social-emotional and behavior needs of all students.
- Agree to common behavioral expectations, model and teach that behavior, and consistently reinforce our expectations.
- Come to our work each day as the best versions of ourselves.
- Respect all points of view and honor the individual and unique qualities of our colleagues.
- Honor the individual and unique qualities of our students and at the same time not use their uniqueness to label them.
Mason Crest Staff
2022-2023 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
View our outcome goals for this academic year.
Family Engagement Survey
FCPS conducted for the first time a division-wide Family Engagement Survey.
What's for Breakfast Today?
What's for Lunch Today?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.